Post 101

               Connecticut Veterans Wartime Service Medal                   



Application for Connecticut Veterans Wartime Service Medal (78 KB)
Before you submit your application for the "Connecticut Veterans Wartime Service Medal" please insure you meet the residency requirements described in the statute below.

Section 1. Section 27-73e

The Commissioner of Veterans' Affairs in conjunction with the Adjutant General shall award a ribbon and medal to each veteran who served in time of war, as defined in subsection (a) of section 27-103, and who either (1) was a resident of this state at the time he or she was called to active duty for such service, or (2) is domiciled in this state on the date of such award. The commissioner in conjunction with the Adjutant General shall adopt regulations, in accordance with chapter 54, setting forth the process for designing the ribbon and medal, identifying veterans who are eligible for the ribbon and medal under this section and establishing procedures for distributing the ribbon and medal to each eligible veteran. The cost of the ribbons and medals shall be paid from the funds appropriated to the military assistance account within the Military Department.   Within existing budgetary resources, awards under this section may be made posthumously for veterans who died on or after January 1, 2000.